Blog post by Mandi Gould.
Originally posted October 2nd, 2010, this blog was very old so as of February 2020, it’s now been updated!
Back when I originally wrote this blog post, it was pretty tough to find great swing dance shoes. However, in the last few years, things have completely changed.
One thing I’d like to say is that even though I love dressing up and wearing heels and I do often dance in heels, when I really want to dance “hard” I definitely prefer flats. Heels are great for Balboa, dress up events where you aren’t dancing intensely, and I also do some ballroom dancing, but if I know I want to go to Dovercourt House and really get my dance on, it’s flats all the way for me.
These are my favourite dance shoes right now for dancing hard (even though here I’m also wearing them out on the street) –
I personally wear a lot of Saint Savoy shoes and Balboa Zin and for daywear, not dancing, Charlie Stone and Remix.
The following list is copied from the group files as of February 2020 but click here to see the most up to date list.
Made for Swing Dancers, by Swing Dancers
- All Heels on Duty*
- Applejacks* https://applejacks-shoes.myshopify.com/
- Aris Allen* https://arisallen.com/
- August Three* www.augustthree.com/
- Balboa Zin* www.balboazinshoes.com/
- Bleyers https://bleyershoes.com/
- Chloe Hong* http://fromchloehong.com/
- Groovy Fox* https://groovyfox.bg/
- Harlem Shoes* https://harlemshoes.store/
- HepCat* https://hepcats.pl/
- Madame Dynamite* https://www.madamedynamite.es/en/
- Made in Lindy*
- May’s Dancing Shoes*
- saf shoes* https://www.safshoes.com/
- Saint Savoy* https://www.saintsavoy.com/en/
- Savoy Cats* https://savoycats.com/
- Shuffle Five* https://shufflefive.com/
- Slide & Swing* https://www.slideandswing.es/en/
- SuAli Swing Shoes https://www.etsy.com/it/shop/SuAliSwingShoes
- Swing Beauty* http://swingbeauty.sxl.cn/
- Swingin’ Shoes* https://www.facebook.com/swinginshoes/
- SwingIt* https://www.swing-it.eu/
- Swingz Lindy Shoes* http://www.swingzbegonacervera.com/en/swingz-shop/
- Swivells* https://swivells.com/en
- Tranky Shoes*
Popular with swing dancers but not specifically made for dancing
- American Duchess https://www.american-duchess.com/
- Bait https://www.baitfootwear.com
- Charlie Stone https://www.charliestoneshoes.com/
- Chelsea Crew https://www.chelseacrew.com/
- Cobb Hill
- Cole Haan
- DSign Step https://www.dsignstep.com/
- John Fluevog https://www.fluevog.com/
- JuliaBoShoes https://www.juliabo.com/
- Keds www.keds.com
- Lola Ramona https://www.lolaramona.com/
- Miss L Fire https://misslfire.com/
- Miz Mooz https://miz-mooz.com/
- Remix https://remixvintageshoes.com/
- Rocket Originals
- Royal Vintage Shoes https://www.royalvintageshoes.com/
- Seychelles https://www.seychellesfootwear.com/
- Toms https://www.toms.com/
General Dance Shoes, not specifically for swing
- Bloch https://uk.blochworld.com/
- Capezio https://www.capezio.com/
- LaDuca https://www.laducashoes.com/
- Tic Tac Toes https://www.tictactoes.com/
- Very Fine https://www.veryfineshoes.com/
Also check out this great blog post on iLindy.com about Women’s Swing Dance Shoes.
As I mentioned, I’m quite partial to Saint Savoy shoes. Here’s an unboxing video:
With so many great shoes to shop from these days, we have the opposite problem from we used to have; there’s just too much to choose from! Which is a great problem to have! Happy shopping.